Custom food packaging has a significant role in improving the quality of food. It enhances the selling potential of food items. There are many positive impacts of effectively designed and constructed custom food boxes. Some of them are listed below:
- Better Food Preservation: Some custom fish n chips boxes can help to preserve the quality of food. It prevents the food from getting spoiled when comes in contact with air, light, and moisture. It is best for food transit while preserving the food contents.
- Food Protection: Some custom food boxes can shield the food from damage during the process of delivery. custom burger boxes and pizza boxes can endure dents, punctures, and tears. It keeps the food shape undistorted and it arrives to customers’ homes in its original shape.
- Maintaining food flavor: Some factors tend to degrade food aroma and flavor. They are also harmful to food texture, and its nutritional value. In this way, customized food boxes preserve food’s flavor and aroma for the desired period of time.
- Effective Marketing: Custom pizza boxes and fast food boxes can improve the branding of food products. They are very effective for marketing. They make food products more appealing to consumers. It catches the buyers’ attention and motivates them to scratch their cards thus increasing sales.
- Less waste accumulation: Custom food boxes can be reused and recycled over and over again. It makes them effective in reducing waste. It results in saving money and resources.
Some harmful impacts of poor food packaging
- Chemical Interaction with Food Contents: Some pizza slice boxes use the materials and chemicals that can leach into food. Such chemicals interact with food creating danger to human health. Most importantly some plastic-made food packaging BPA (Biophenol A) as its main ingredient. This chemical is a hormone disruptor. It can interfere with the body’s endocrine system and cause hormonal imbalance.
- Changes in Taste and Aroma of Food: Sometimes food packaging materials can disturb both the taste and odor of food. It makes a bad impression on customers about your food services. Food in such packaging becomes unappealing to consumers. Examples of these food packaging include some plastic-made custom fish n chips boxes.
- Loss of food nutritional value: Some food items when packed inside packaging material then lead to loss of nutrients in the food. It decreases the nutritional value of the food. Typical examples are some plastics that allow oxygen to pass through. It results in the deterioration of vitamins and other nutrient contents.
- Environmental hazards: Many low-quality foof packaging coverings and boxes have a negative impact on the environment. They are effective environmental pollutants. Some plastics made from petroleum are notorious for bad food packaging material.
How does low-quality packaging material destroy human health?
- BPA – A Slow Poison For Humans: BPA (Biopenol A) has been proven as a silent killer and slow poison for humans. A number of health problems like cancer, infertility, and developmental delays in children are associated with this poisonous chemical. The source of this dangerous chemical is plastic bottles, cans, liners, etc.
- Vitamin deficiency: A prolonged use of some plastic bags, wraps and a can cause nutritional deficiency inside your body. This is because of the fact that food packed in such covering, bags, and fast food packaging boxes suffers from loss of some minerals and vitamins. Long-term deficiency of vitamins in the body makes the body weak and fragile. It also makes the body sensitive to other diseases.
- Tasteless food: It has been reported that certain food packaging materials, such as plastic wrap and Styrofoam containers make the food tasteless. It can be an annoying experience for you. The excessive use of such material should be minimized so that changes in the taste and odor of food can be prevented.
- Waste Piling up: According to the latest report 25 million tons of plastic waste is generated in the United States each year. It is a huge amount of waste to tolerate in a developed country. Most of the mass of this waste comes from food packaging. The pilling up of such waste initiates many contagious diseases.
- Poor Living Environment: Some custom frozen food boxes require a large amount of energy and water for their disposal. It results in greenhouse gas emissions. As described earlier food packaging causes environmental destruction. Therefore, one understands their impact on the living conditions of humans.
How to minimize the harmful impacts of poor food packaging?
Some steps can be taken to choose safe and environmental-friendly custom food packaging materials:
- Use BPA-free custom food boxes
- Use recyclable food packaging material.
- Use biodegradable fast food packaging boxes.
- Use packaging materials that are the right size for your food.
- Avoid using low-quality packaging material through which chemicals can leach into food.